Effective Date: September 5th, 2022
“Cookies” Explained and Why They are Used
A cookie is a small piece of data (text file) that a website – when visited by a user – asks your browser to store on your computer or device in order to remember information about you, such as your language and/or currency preference or login information. LIFX may use similar techniques, such as pixels, web beacons etc., which we will refer to collectively as “cookies”.
Cookies may be used for many different purposes. For example, cookies can be used to show that you have previously visited the LIFX Website and to identify which parts of the LIFX Website you might be most interested in. Cookies can also improve your online experience by storing your preferences during your visit to the LIFX Website.
Flash cookies may also be used on the LIFX Website. Flash cookies may be removed by managing your Flash Player settings. Depending on the version of Internet Explorer (or other browser) and media player you use, you may be able to manage Flash cookies with your browser. You may manage Flash Cookies by visiting Adobe’s Website. Please be aware that restricting the use of Flash Cookies may affect the features available to you.
Types of Cookies Used by LIFX
LIFX places its own (direct cookies) and we also use third party cookies – which are cookies from a domain different than the domain of the website you are visiting.
- Assisting you in navigation of the LIFX Website and LIFX App.
- Analyzing your use of the Services.
- Assisting with our promotional and marketing efforts (including behavioral advertising).
- Filling out contact, support and feedback forms.
- Sharing content on the LIFX Website and LIFX App through social media.
Below is an explanation of the types of cookies that may be used on or through the Services and why we use them. We classify cookies in the following categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
- Performance Cookies
- Targeting Cookies
- Content Sharing Cookies
Where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent prior to setting cookies (except for strictly necessary cookies). In order to manage your cookie preferences, you may alter the cookie settings in your browser settings at any time. You may accept all, or certain, cookies. If you do disable our cookies in your browser settings, you may find that certain sections of LIFX Website and/or LIFX App will not work. For example, you may have difficulties logging in or making online purchases.
STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES - PROPER FUNCTIONS OF LIFX WEBSITE AND LIFX APP
These cookies are necessary for LIFX Website and LIFX App to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the LIFX Website may not work.
LIFX uses these cookies to:
- Remember products that you add to your shopping cart.
- Remember information that you fill in when paying or ordering to streamline the process for additional orders placed by you.
- Pass information from one page to the next, for example when filling out support forms or surveys.
- Store your preferences such as language, location, and currency.
- Store settings for optimal video display, such as buffer size and your computer or devices resolution details.
- Read your browser and device settings to optimize the display of the LIFX Website.
- Locate and identify misuse of the Services.
- Load the LIFX Website uniformly to maintain accessibility.
- Offer options to store your log-in details to streamline your access to the Services.
- Provide the ability to “like” or “favorite” content on the LIFX Website.
PERFORMANCE COOKIES - LIFX WEBSITE AND LIFX APP USAGE ANALYTICS
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of the Services. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site.
LIFX uses these cookies to:
- Keep track of the number of visitors to the pages within the LIFX Website.
- Keep track of the length of time that each visitor spends on the pages within the LIFX Website.
- Determine the order in which a visitor visits the various pages within the LIFX Website.
- Determine the website a visitor was at before navigating to the LIFX Website and the website a visitor is going to immediately after leaving the LIFX Website.
- Assess which parts of the LIFX Website need improvement.
- Optimize the LIFX Website.
TARGETING COOKIES - ADVERTISEMENTS
These cookies are set through the LIFX Website by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you ads for LIFX or other relevant ads on other sites and applications that you visit. They work by uniquely identifying your browser and device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will not experience our targeted advertising across different websites.
LIFX uses these cookies to:
- Keep track of which advertisements you have already been shown so that you are not always shown the same ones.
- Keep track of how many visitors click on the advertisement.
- keep track of how many orders are placed by way of the advertisement.
Please note that even if such cookies are not used you may still be shown advertisements that do not utilize cookies.
Please refer to the privacy policies linked below of the third party advertising services currently utilized through the LIFX Website:
CONTENT SHARING COOKIES - SHARING LIFX WEBSITE CONTENT VIA SOCIAL MEDIA
Certain content on the LIFX Website (e.g. articles, pictures and videos) can be shared and liked via social media by means of buttons. Cookies from those third party social media services are used to enable these buttons to function so you can effectively share content through your social media account.
LIFX uses these cookies to enable you to share and like certain content directly on the LIFX Website through your social media accounts.
These third party social media services may also collect your personal information and data for their own purposes. LIFX has no control over how these third party social media services make use of your personal information and data. We encourage you to read the applicable privacy policies for such third party social media services to understand how your personal information may be used by them. Please refer to the privacy policies linked below of the third party social media services currently available through the LIFX Website:
© 2022 Feit Electric. All rights reserved.